Thursday, February 20, 2014

Dividend Increase, Coke Bubbling Up More Dividends



Coca Cola (KO) has recently announced that they will be increasing their dividend from $0.28 to $0.305 per share.  This constitutes an increase of 8.9% from their previous payout.  I don't know about you, but getting an 8.9% raise in a year for doing absolutely nothing seems pretty nice to me!  This is the power of dividend growth investing in action.

I personally have 26 shares of coke in my portfolio.  Today's action increases my yearly dividend payout from $440.61 to $443.21 per year.  A total increase of  $2.60.  While this may not seem like much, every single penny counts, and this snowflake just became integrated into my little snowball forever.  I have updated my portfolio to reflect this change.

5 comments:

  1. Definitely can't complain about a 9% raise! More than most folks get from their day job in any given year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dividendasaur,

    W2R said it right. A 9% raise is huge when you really sit down and think about it.

    Enjoy the snowflake. :)

    Best wishes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks guys! It certainly is huge, if I received a 9% raise at work I would be absolutely ecstatic. Even though it only amounts to $2.60 total I am extremely excited to get get my first ever dividend increase and looking forward to many more.

    Take care and thanks for stopping in!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I was a bit surprised to the almost a 9% increase from KO, but I'll gladly take it. I thought they'd have gone up to just $0.30 quarterly given the struggles over 2013. Love the company and still expect great things from them.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It's a pretty big raise and as the above poster stated, it was more than I had expected. I also own KO as one of my core holdings and look to add more in the future. Great blog!

    ReplyDelete