Thursday, April 17, 2014

Kinder Morgan Boosts Dividends Again

Energy transportation giant Kinder Morgan (KMI) has announced a 1 cent increase in their quarterly dividend bringing the new quarterly dividend to $0.42 per share.  While this might not seem like much, this is not the first time in the last year that they have increased payouts.  Within the last year they have increased dividends from $0.38 to $0.40, and again from $0.40 to $ 0.41 and finally one last time from $0.41 to $0.42.  Three total increases in a one year period totaling ~10.5%  This continues the trend of multiple yearly dividend increases for Kinder Morgan.  

I am happy to be a shareholder in a company that is so dividend friendly.  Kinder Morgan was a more recent addition to my portfolio and I own a total of 45 shares.  This increase brings my 12 month forward dividends from $739.97 up to $741.77.  This is easily good for a few cookies per year from my local Subway which is truly life changing.  In reality every single penny increases the momentum of my portfolio and I always appreciate getting a raise for no effort.  My portfolio has been updated to reflect this change.

Disclaimer: Long KMI

4 comments:

  1. Glad to be a fellow shareholder with you, it's awesome to get raises. Great work with your month of April so far! You're killing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love it even if it's just a penny. It's been a really good month so far, and I can't wait to report the dividend income. So far KMI has been a fun position to hold and I am really excited about their future.

      Delete
  2. This is really good news. Let's keep it going. KMI investors unite. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes sir, I always love a raise. KMI has proven to be very investor friendly increasing their dividend multiple times a year.

      Delete